Sunday, October 5, 2008

From Seoul to Busan: A Korean Adventure



It took me a while to get back into blogging. How are you? Or should I say "Sugoha shipmida!...That's the written form of HELLO in Korean!

Yup, I've been to South Korea for a week long exposure two weeks ago. It took me some time to sort out over than 800 pictures that I snapped. I stayed two days in Seoul(Flying in thru Inchon) then I flew south to Busan where I spent the remainder of the week traveling the Gyeongsang province in Hapcheon County, Hamyang County, Jinju City and the subdivision of Haeundae east of Busan.

The Korean people are very kind and warm. You could always expect to receive a cup of coffee or hot tea upon your visit to their homes. I first thought of them as very formal people, based from the Korean drama series shown in our local TV networks. It was a big AHA! for me. They were formal, yes, only in the sense of showing respect for others and especially to their seniors.

I was blessed with a very good guide and "Sabo" (Teacher) during my stay in Busan. He took care care of everything I needed. His name is Kwak Jun Ho, or you can also call him Shine. He lives in Kimhae city, around 25KM north of Busan, with his wife Kim Yeon Suk and their 2 year old daughter Kwak, Kyu Lim.

Shine even taught me how to speak a little Korean, like how to say thank you after being offered coffee: "Coffee jo syu suh Khamsahamnida."

Learning about Korea, its people and their culture is very interesting. Their history goes a long way back. Its really quite an experience.

Khamsahamnida!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

beautiful shots!
ganda talaga ...

welcome back! :)