From my previous employer, the Human Resource (HR) personnel used to attach inspirational clippings to every pay-slips they give to each employee. I must admit that most of the times, those clippings go unnoticed and unread in my pay-slips due to my "busy" schedules. It's only now while doing some late spring cleaning that I've sorted through them. To my amazement, some of them are quite cool stuff. Here is one sample of their diligently distributed work.
Go ahead and try it for yourself. This one is entitled TRUE CHARACTER:
The following set of contrasting remarks has been offered as character sketch of a good leader. For a personal challenge, as you read through the list, circle the descriptive words you believe most closely identify you!
- Self reliant but not self-sufficient
- Energetic but not self-seeking
- Steadfast but not stubborn
- Tactful but not timid
- Serious but not sullen
- Loyal but not secretarial
- Unmovable but not stationary
- Gentle but not hypersensitive
- Tenderhearted but not touchy
- Conscientious but not Perfectionist
- Disciplined but not demanding
- Generous but not naive
- Meek but not weak
- Humorous but not hilarious
- Friendly but not familiar
- Holy but not holier-than-thou
- Discerning but not critical
- Progressive but not pretentious
- Authoritative but not autocratic
Now, try to develop the character traits described in the words you didn't encircle. Leadership is not just a title. It is a set of character that makes a person unique from the rest.
I don't know who specifically was in charge with the selection, clipping and distribution of these inspirational items from our HR then. Kudos to them, the true work horse and unsung heroes, providing inspiration without expecting anything in return. I salute you...although quite late, but still,
Sunday, July 26, 2015
One Sunday morning, after seeing the familiar bird, I got my camera and took shots of my friendly visitor who gladly posed for me. That was last year...and I have been travelling. I wonder if its still frequenting.
Life might be simple for these birds, but still they are taken cared for. Maybe because they are not complicating things like most people do. Then we can appreciate life more and even find time to pose for a friend.
Have a Great Day!