Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I Shall Return...& I did

McArthur's Shrine

It was October 1944 when Gen. Douglas MacArthur fulfilled his promise to the Filipino people. Two and a half years after he left his now famous vow "I Shall Return". In commemoration of that historical return, a life size shrine was built in Palo, Leyte, Philippines.

Too bad we were in a hurry to the airport when I snapped this photo last May 2009. I would have wanted to take a better shot. Yes, the shrine is visible from the highway en-route to Tacloban City.

And now I too, have returned....

...to blogging.

3 comments:

Perceval said...

The writer is totally fair, and there's no doubt.
cute lingerie | advertisements | checking account

Life Quotes said...

There exists 3 element towards the good life; wisdom, earning, and health.

recipes said...

its really fantastic every post is unique from its content...